Contributors

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten: Nicholas Cage YouTube Clips

(Deep down, you knew this day would come...)

I have returned from my brief hiatus before finals begin, partly because I want to entertain you all during dead week in finals or dead time during work, but mainly because I am trying to prevent my slowly spiraling descent into madness while I try to learn about what causes disasters on Earth for my Geology final.  (uhh...this guy, obviously.)

Nicholas Cage has always been one of my least favorite actors.  The man has more bad movies than Antonio Cromartie has children.  (Btw, thanks for the fantasy football name this year, Sons of Cromartie).  However, thanks to my slow crescendo of terrible movie choices (and yes, I willingly saw the astoundingly terrible The Last Airbender with some friends this weekend...), it was only a matter of time before I came back to the light and decided that Nicholas Cage may, in fact, be onto something.  How this guy won an Academy Award may be my generation's number one mystery (right ahead of why Walt was special on Lost and who's soul the Los Angeles Lakers sold to the devil in order to hijack Pau Gasol from the Grizzlies.)  

Sorry to keep it short this time, but I have to return to writing a few essays on a critical theory article by Michel Foucault...(yes, it's as interesting to me, too.)  So without further suffering from my writing (no promises from the Cage clips), here are my ten favorite clips on YouTube featuring our favorite almost Superman.  I apologize in advance for some of the language...I didn't write the movies...I just enjoyed them.


10. We start off with a commercial of Cage in Japan.  It's almost too easy...you can get away with anything there.

9. This is from the movie Bad Lieutenant.  My friend Janisch may or may not have directly inspired this particular Cage character.


8. The Wicker Man could have had it's very own Top Ten list.
 



6. ...


5. Yes, this really happened...


4. In case you missed it...


3. Oh wait, there's more...


2. In other news, I bought The Wicker Man at a store once for $1.


1. This video says it all.  (Once again, family and friends who are easily offended...you should probably stick to something else.)  I'm just here to share the knowledge.



Thanks for watching.  I promise more consistent writing after finals, not to mention new authors coming soon!

-PB (easter egg city)

No comments:

Post a Comment